Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's Resolution #2 - Project 10 Pan!


Hi everyone,

Well the launch of my blog on January 1st was my first New Year's resolution - mission accomplished! Now I need to tackle New Year's resolution #2 (and it won't be easy) - Project 10 Pan.

Project 10 what???
If you follow some of the beauty vloggers on YouTube, the idea of Project 10 Pan took off after Lisasz09 and lollipop26 launched their own Project 10 Pan experiments. It's basically a commitment to refrain from purchasing new cosmetics until you use up 10 products you currently own. It's a brilliant idea but a scary one as well. No trips to the MAC counter or Sephora for a while??? Yikes!

So I've decided to do my own Project 10 Pan as I've acquired a few too many goodies these last few months and have barely hit pan on most of them.

Before embarking on your own Project 10 Pan, it's a good idea to go through all the cosmetics you own and purge items that shouldn't be used anymore (i.e. mascara older than six months, foundation that's starting to separate, unappealing eye shadow colors, etc.) That will make your 10 Pan selections easier to make. Don't hold on to something that you know doesn't suit you just for the sake of using it up. Once you have your 10 items, it's time to make that commitment to use them and stick with them until you've used them up.

After much deliberation, here's my Project 10 Pan list:
*Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation (Light 1)
*Covergirl Eyelights Mascara (Black gold)
*Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick (Rose Couture 260)
*Benefit FY...Eye! Primer
*Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner (Plum Drop)
*Bare Minerals Blush (Rose Diamond)
*Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder (Fair)
*MAC Viva Glam Lipglass VI (Limited Edition Shade)
*Too Faced Eye Shadow Duo (Betsy Baby)
*Lierac Exfoliating, Purifying and Clarifying Mask (btw, will be doing a review on this soon)

I will be realistic and admit that some of these products will take me a while to finish up. If any of you use Bare Minerals products, then you know they last forever. I've had the Rose Diamond blush a year and it's still half full! I will try to post updates on my Project 10 Pan at least every 3-4 weeks. Wish me luck!

I also want to add that any reviews I post in the near future will be of products I've had for a while or purchased over the holidays. I made the decision to begin Project 10 Pan during the first weekend of January and haven't purchased anything since then.

On a final note, if 10 items are a bit extreme for you, how about testing a Project 5 pan? Or if you do aim for 10 items, why not treat yourself to a small reward (like a new lipgloss) when you reach the half-way mark. Set the goal you feel will work for you.

Until next time!
Liz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment