Monday, January 4, 2010

Covergirl SmokyShadowBlast - Review


Hi everyone,

As a huge fan of Covergirl's LashBlast mascara, I was thrilled to learn that the company was expanding its "Blast" line to include shadows and lip products. When I saw the new SmokyShadowBlast at the drugstore last week, I bought the shade "Purple Plume". This is the shade Drew Barrymore wears in the ad campaign.

This is a creamy shadow product that comes in a two-sided lipstick style container. One side is a light pink shade (labeled Step 1) which is for the lid; the other side is a dark smoky plum (labeled Step 2) which can be used for the crease area. This particular color combination is quite nice.

So far, I've used this product three times; and frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. When first applied, the shadows look really nice. But after only a couple of hours, the shadow began to crease and the color lost its intensity. The first time I used this, I applied my Benefit FY...Eye! primer and the second time I used my Smashbox Photo Finish lid primer. No luck with either. The third time (which was today) I used primer but after applying the shadow, I dusted some sheer powder eye shadow over it. I thought the powder shadow would help set this product and make it last longer. That didn't work either, creasing still occurred after only a couple of hours. :(

My skin (including my eyelids) tends to be oily so I can understand the creasing problem. However, I've never had issues with a shadow creasing and fading so quickly after application. It's a shame because the other colors in the SmokyShadowBlast line are quite pretty and I would have loved to try them. Perhaps someone with normal to dry skin will have better luck with this product. If you've tried SmokyShadowBlast and would like to share your comments, please post them below. I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment