Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year & Welcome!

Happy 2010 everyone!

It's January 1st and I'm so excited to launch my blog - yay! I've been wanting to do this for quite some time but kept it putting off - too busy with work, family, yada, yada. I finally decided that procrastination be damned, it's time to make good on one of my dreams. So here I am!

I hope you will bear with me as I get this blog cleaned up and a bit more functional. I've never blogged before, so I'm basically learning the ropes as I go.

So if you're wondering, "Who the heck is Liz?", let me tell you. I'm a native New Yorker and currently work as direct marketer and fundraiser for a non-profit organization. Prior to this I worked in the magazine industry and I used to ENVY the editors who received hundreds of cosmetic, skin care, fragrance products for review every month. It was so cool watching them go through their beauty hauls every day. If we were lucky, there would be a sample sale every few months for employees - and let me tell you what a free for all they could be! But, it was well worth "accidentally" knocking down your boss to get that fabulous Chanel eyeshadow for $2! LOL

When I was in my late teens /early twenties, I mostly used drugstore cosmetics and occasionally Clinique for skinscare. But then Sephora and MAC came on the scene and my life (not to mention my bank account) changed forever. It all became about Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, Guerlain, Stila, Urban Decay and so much more. And so my love affair of all things beauty was born.

I now spend my days keeping up with the latest cosmetic and beauty news and product launches. Each month I wait with baited breath for the latest issues of Allure, InStyle, Lucky, Cosmo and Glamour to arrive in the mail. I love watching my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube talk about their latest hauls and testing some of their recommendations along the way.

On this blog, I plan to post reviews of products I'm testing or currently loving. I promise my reviews will be totally honest - no bias, no bull. In addition to cosmetics, I also plan to review skin care and hair products. If there's an item you would like a review on, feel free to let me know. I can't guarantee I'll be able to do one, but I'll try my best.

So, that's it for now. May 2010 bring you lots of good health, happiness and love your way! Talk to you all soon!

Cheers!

Liz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment