Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection

Hi everyone!

This is a review of the Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. I purchased this palette about five months ago so this review is a wee bit overdue!

This year Too Faced has released some really awesome palettes. I've never been disappointed with the various products I've tried and this palette is no exception. I really love it! This palette consists of nine shadows that are organized into three color combinations: Day, Classic and Fashion.

Colors by row (left to right):
Day (Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso)
Classic (Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica)
Fashion (Nude Beach, Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)


All of the "Day" colors are matte...Heaven is a creamy, off-white shade; Velvet Revolver is a pale taupe; and Sexpresso is a rich dark chocolate.

The "Classic" colors have shimmer...Silk Teddy is a sheer, cool pink; Push-Up is a light, coppery brown; and Erotica is a shimmery version of Sexpresso.

The "Fashion" colors are also shimmery...Nude Beach is a sheer but glittery warm pink; Honey Pot is a medium gold shade; and Cocoa Puff is a warm reddish brown.

All of these shades are very wearable and easy to layer and blend. For work and typical everyday looks, I tend to reach more for the "Classic" shades. The "Fashion" colors are perfect for evening looks, especially with the glittery shades. I even mix colors from all three groups and they work together nicely. Plus, this palette includes three instruction cards for creating each of the looks...so it's really goof proof!

Now, while I totally love this shadow collection, I do have a couple nit-picky things about it:
the packaging could be better. Don't get me wrong, the box is very pretty but it's bulky. While it is made of sturdy cardboard, I probably wouldn't travel with it. I would be concerned of it getting damaged. Also the package has a little pull-out drawer that, to my dismay, only contains a dual ended applicator that's basically useless. Seems like a waste for such a tiny item!

If I had to rate this product on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the highest), I would rate it a 4.5. I can definitely see myself reaching for this palette on a daily basis!

From what I can tell, it looks like this palette is a permanent item in Too Faced's line. It retails for $35 at sephora.com. It's a pretty good deal considering the amount of product you get! I hope you find this review helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please post them below.

Until next time!
Liz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment