Friday, March 26, 2010

Redbook Beauty Bash, New Friends & My E.L.F. Cosmetics Haul

Happy Friday Everyone!

So sorry I've been MIA these last couple of weeks. It's been a wild month at work; and, on top of that, I caught a miserable cold. But I'm now feeling better. Unfortunately, work is still crazy but I'm used to the madness! LOL

Last Saturday, I attended the Redbook Beauty Bash in New York City. It was a gorgeous spring day and the event had a great turnout. I purchased my ticket online; and with the $10 admission, I also received a goody bag filled with some nice products, including a full-sized lipstick from Revlon, a bottle of Cetaphil moisturizer, and an eye shadow duo from E.L.F.!

There were many stations set up where you could get complimentary services, including mini manicures, eyebrow shaping, hand and back massages and mini makeovers. As you can probably imagine, there were long waits for all of the services but everyone was having a great time chatting over snacks and a cocktail (or two).

I decided to get a mini makeover at the E.L.F. Cosmetics station. While on line, I met Allison, who does marketing for E.L.F. We had a great time talking about beauty and makeup. They also had two professional makeup artists doing great eye looks. I received a fabulous dark blue smoky eye look. Nancy, the makeup artist, took the time to explain the technique step by step and answered all my questions. When she was done, Nancy was kind enough to give me her card; I look forward to touching base with her in the future. Nancy has an impressive history in makeup artistry; she graduated from the Sorbonne in Paris and has worked with many music artists and television personalities. She is currently an instructor at the Make-Up Designory (MUD) school in New York and Los Angeles. Nancy's website is http://www.nancyspraguemakeup.com

A huge shoutout to Allison and Nancy...I really loved meeting both of you!

I made note of the products Nancy used on me and ordered them from E.L.F.'s website. She used E.L.F.'s cream and powder shadow duos in "Blueberry". She also used a liquid liner pen in Black. E.L.F. cosmetics are incredibly affordable - most of their products cost only $1 - that's right, a buck! :) I basically went hog wild and ordered several shadows (creme and powder), a mineral lipstick and a blending brush. I also received free shipping! I placed my order last Saturday and received it on Wednesday this week...can't get any better than this.

Here's a photo of what I ordered:

Can you believe I bought all this for only $13???

I'm looking forward to trying out these products and plan to do a review in the next couple of weeks. In fact, an E.L.F. giveaway may be in our future! LOL

So, that's the latest for now. Stay tuned for more reviews and updates soon!

Until next time,
Liz :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow , great haul!
    Humm i never use ELF but I am interesting in I will try to order some products and specially the lip gloss and lip stick ,
    Think your new elf shadow would be great for smokey eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shima! I've been testing the products and so far I like them. I think the mineral lipstick is very nice, the color lasts a long time. I'm thinking about ordering a couple more colors soon. The eye shadows are not bad; the quality is not the same as a brand like MAC but I find they do last well as long as you use a primer underneath. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete