Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My February Top 3 Favorites!

Hi everyone!

Well February has come and gone...can you believe it? In just a couple of weeks spring will be here! (And, in my opinion, not a moment too soon!)

I'm excited to share my February Top 3 Favorites. I've picked three products that have given me great results over the last few weeks and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Here they are:


Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment: I recently discovered this salicylic acid acne treatment after using the corresponding toner for a while. Since I was a teenager I have had issues with stubborn acne and have tried many prescription products. Once I hit my 30s the problem subsided but every now and then (usually around that infamous time of the month) I get a minor flare up. Neutrogena makes several acne treatment products but I decided to try this one because of its claim that it hydrates and softens the skin. When I tried other product lines, I noticed they did work but there was a price: dry, flaky skin...not attractive! So far, I have been using this product every morning and night for almost three weeks and I've had no dryness or redness. My skin feels soft, not irritated. Plus, most importantly, my skin is looking clearer! This product works great on its own but for added benefit, I suggest using it in conjunction with the toner.

This product retails for $7.99 and can be found at all major drug stores.


Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20: This moisturizer is part of Murad's Hydrate/Protect line which is good for normal to oily skin. On Sephora's website this product is described as "a lightweight, multifunctional treatment that optimizes hydration, regulates oil production, improves collagen levels and guards against UV damage." My skin is oily and I've always had issues with finding a product that lightly hydrates while at the same time provides sun protection that won't break me out or cause excess oiliness. I think I've found it with this product! My only issue is that I wish it had a higher level SPF, especially now that summer is coming.

This product retails on sephora.com for $46...a little pricey but I think well worth the splurge.

MOROCCANOIL Oil Treatment: This product has gotten major buzz in all the major magazines. My good friend told me how well it worked for her so I just had to try it. I actually purchased it around the holidays, used it twice and didn't care for it. It made my hair too oily and flat. When I told my friend about this, the first thing she asked was "How much oil are you using?". I told her about a dime's worth which didn't seem like much. She started laughing and said I was using way too much. I actually only needed 2-3 drops! Aha! So a few weeks ago I started using it again and now I really love it! I have fine hair that gets frizzy at the first sign of humidity. It's best to use this product on wet hair before styling. After I blow it dry, my hair looks healthy, shiny and it feels s0000 soft! Plus, it helps keep those fly-aways at bay!

This product is primarily sold in salons but some drug stores are starting to carry the line. Check out http://moroccanoil.com for salons in your area. The 3.4 oz bottle retails for $39 but I was able to find a salon that carried the .85 oz size for under $20. Given how little you need for an application, a bottle will last you a very long time!

So there are my February favorites. Hope you will give any of them a try!

Until next time!
Liz :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment