Wednesday, March 10, 2010

5 Products I Regret Buying

Hi everyone,

Lately there's been a tag going around on You Tube - it's "Products I Regret Buying". Judging by the number of videos I've seen posted, I think it's safe to say we've all had this experience at one time or another. Personally speaking, I've had many. Here are the five I wished I never purchased:



1) Revlon Double Twist Mascara: OMG, where do I begin??? I'm sorry ladies, this has got to be the WORST mascara ever made. I wanted to throw it away the second I opened the tube. When you pull the wand out of the tube, all you get is a massive clump of mascara all over the brush. You can barely see the brush through all that mess. I checked out many reviews posted online and on YouTube and was really sorry I didn't see them before buying the darn thing. In fact one of my favorite YouTube reviewers, Lisasz09 provided the most adequate and honest review of the bunch. You can check out Lisa's review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--RNX7c98WQ

2) Cover Girl Smokey Shadow Blast in Purple Plume: I reviewed this product in January and was very disappointed. The two colors were lovely but had ZERO staying power. Within a couple of hours the color had faded and because of the creamy consistency, I experienced a lot of creasing. (I didn't photograph it here; right after my January review I gave it to my friend's daughter; she didn't care for it either. LOL)

3) Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer: I was in CVS a couple of months ago and noticed that several Physician's Formula products were 75% off. I picked up the shade "Healthy Glow Bronze Organics". The color was OK but on the skin it looked too shimmery for my taste. But, the real problem was that it smells awful. It's difficult to describe; but to me, it smelled like the product had gone bad. Someone told me she had a similar experience with another PF product. I could actually smell this product on my skin...not good.

4) E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder: I had a mixed reaction to this product. I bought it mostly for the bronzer; however, the blush color was quite pretty...it reminded me a little of Nars Orgasm. I found the bronzer to be too dark for my fair skin; and despite trying various brushes with it, my face looked splotchy and dirty. I simply could not get an even application.

5) Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro Polish in "Violet Metal" & "Marine Blue": Let me first say this is a semi-regret. I bought these polishes during a recent BOGO sale at CVS. The shades are gorgeous! For a drugstore brand, the formula's great and has pretty good staying power. But, here's my gripe...I have a major issue with the brush...it's way too wide and squarish which can make application messy, especially on smaller nails. You need a lot of patience (which is not my forte) when applying this polish. After much deliberation though, I decided to keep the polishes. I'll just take them with me to the nail salon where I'm sure they will do a much better job with application. These colors are just too pretty to give up! :-)

So there are my five product regrets. I could easily add on to this list but figured I should quit while I'm ahead! I'd love to know what your product regrets are. Feel free to post your comments below.

Until next time!
Liz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment