Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Favorite Inexpensive Summer Lip Products

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having a great start of summer so far...can't believe Fourth of July is this weekend! It's been unbelievably hot in NY these last few days. BUT, I'll take this over winter anytime!

So it's been a while since my last post and I want to make up for lost time. Today I'd like to share some of my favorite inexpensive summer lip products. During the summer I tend to stay away from heavy lipsticks and just go with glosses or tinted lip conditioners. I recently found a few that offer great pigmentation and are also very moisturizing. These products are pretty inexpensive...from $1 to under $10!

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss - The color featured here is Camellia (#250); this is the limited-edition shade Eva Longoria is wearing in the ad campaign. This particular color is a shimmery rosy pink that's not too bright and would flatter most skin tones. It looks spectacular on Eva, especially with her tanned skin. According to the package, this gloss has six-hour wear. I've worn this gloss several times and found that it did last a few hours but not quite six. I needed to re-apply after 4 or 5 hours and especially after eating. It has a sweet scent that reminds me of cotton candy. It's a great gloss to keep handy in your purse and for a retail price of $9.59, is a pretty good value. L'Oreal just released several limited-edition shades for the summer; they're all so pretty!

E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - I recently read that it's not a good idea to wear non-SPF lip products (especially gloss) during the summer months. We now know that all those years we fried our skin with suntan or baby oil wasn't such a good idea; so when you think about lip gloss, isn't that the same as applying oil on your lips? That's why I was so excited when I found this product at the dollar store! I picked up two shades, Candlelight (pictured right) and Goddess (pictured left). Candlelight is peachy-nude shade with a hint of shimmer; Goddess is a metallic mauvey-pink (my fave of the two). Both shades have decent color payoff, offer a good amount of shine and do last on your lips a while. These glosses also have a candy-like scent; nothing offensive. For only $1 each, why not stock up?

Wet 'n Wild Natural Blend Lip Shimmer - The color featured here (pictured at bottom) is #104 and is basically a sheer berry color with a hint of shimmer. This is a fairly new product to the Wet 'n Wild line. The color glides on well and is not overpowering. When I first tried on this shade I thought it was going to go on really dark; instead it applied smoothly, gave me significant but sheer color and felt very moisturizing on my lips. It's a great daytime lip product and very inexpensive - only $2.99. I was pleasantly surprised with the color selection at the drugstore - I may go back for a couple more!

So there are my go-to products for this summer. I hope you found this review helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please post them below. And if you'd like to share your favorite inexpensive lip products, don't be shy...let me know!

Until next time!
Liz :-)




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely liz
    how are you
    Hummm i really loved L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss
    Today or tomorrow i will go shopping hope to find it in the store.

    Tell me have you ever used Palladio before
    I love to find you some makeup of this brand if you like so .
    you got my email
    see you dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaimaa!
    So nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. I will send you an email note shortly. Take care!

    ReplyDelete