Friday, February 5, 2010

My January Top 3 Favorites!

Hi everyone,

Can you believe January is gone? Before we know it, we'll be doing our holiday shopping again!

In keeping with tradition, I've decided to do a "Favorites" post each month. But I'm going to limit it to three items...the three that really wowed me. And they're three items I would consider re-purchasing and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.

So without further adieu, here they are:


Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara: My new favorite mascara! I posted a review for this on January 20th. The formula is great and I still have no issues with clumping. Plus this brush is fabulous; it lifts and separates each lash and give you lots of length and volume. It definitely rivals the quality of popular department store brands -- and for only half the price!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "By Candlelight": Part of the "Warm & Cozy" collection, this is probably the prettiest of the Mac MSFs. It's a soft peachy-pink tone; very natural and in my opinion, not overly shimmery. A little goes a long way. You simply get a beautiful glow on your skin. From what I understand, this is a limited-edition product and it looks like the "Warm & Cozy" collection is now leaving the Mac counters. If you can still find it, it's well worth the investment! I really hope MAC makes this a permanent addition to their line.

MAC Dazzleglass in "Steppin' Out": I recently started collecting the MAC Dazzleglass glosses and I LOVE them. I currently own four and will be doing a more in-depth review on them soon. This is my favorite color of the four. MAC describes this color as "clean yellow pink with red pearl". It has some fine reflects that give your lips a pretty iridescent glow. It's not over the top and for daytime, I like wearing this over a nude or light pink lipstick. I like the texture; it's not too sticky and for a gloss, has pretty good staying power. And need I mention the yummy vanilla scent?

So those are my January favorites. (And just to clarify, I purchased all three items with my own money and these are my honest opinions of each item.) If you've tried any of these products and would like to share your comments, feel free to post them below.

Until next time!
Liz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment